Hello, third trimester! Along with that, hello discomfort. And before you tell me I have two months to go and it's only going to get worse, I feel sure. Before I talk about the joys of being seven months pregnant, please allow me to vent a bit. My feet and back hurt daily, and I've noticed a bit of swelling in my feet- no hands yet, just feet. Let's just say Rainbow flip flops are wonderfully comfortable these days. I am constantly hot and sweating and my acid reflux has worsened. I'm beginning to notice some shortness of breath, as well.
Now onto more pleasant symptoms- E.D.B.'s little punches and kicks have gotten a lot stronger. Sometimes, we just sit and watch the belly move- it's incredible. At one point, she must have been lying all to one side, because one side of my stomach was sunken in. She also moves a lot more now, especially if I've just eaten. It was very amusing. Little One also has a very interesting way of showing affection for her daddy- a few nights ago, he was trying to listen to her heartbeat (we'd read you might be able to do that at 7 months along), when she kicked him right in the head!
We went to our 28 week check-up on Monday, and baby and I both got a clean bill of health. I am measuring right where I should be, but she has dropped a little. This prompted the doctor to check to see if I am dilating- I'm not. My blood pressure is still good, even with the edema. I was a bit worried when I started swelling that it might be an indication of preeclampsia.
The doctor also checked my A1C and found it to be...(drumroll, please)...5.1! This is perfect. Were it 7 or higher, they would be highly concerned about my blood sugars. Looks like the hard work has been paying off.
Michael and I are still continuing to get ready for her arrival- we bought her car seat this past weekend at a big sale Babies 'R' Us was having. We have just one more thing we want to get for her, but we're waiting until after the showers this month to make sure we don't duplicate.
Thanks for the prayers and well-wishes. So far, everything is going well. Please continue praying for mine and E.D.B.'s well-being.
Me and Baby, at 28 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment