Sunday, February 20, 2011

20 weeks- and halfway there!

This weekend, we reached the halfway point in our pregnancy. It's hard to believe in just 20 weeks (or 18 weeks....or 22 weeks) our precious little girl will be here.

We are slowly but surely getting ready for her arrival. We have ordered and set up all of her nursery furniture. We've ordered her bedding. Her closet is stocked with a number of pretty baby-girl outfits, some of which Mama bought, and some of which  Nana Delp and Nana Kidd brought her.

Daddy and Uncle Mitchell put together her crib today, and everything looks so great in her room. Of course, it will look better when it is finished.

As far as the pregnancy goes, the tiredness is beginning to wear off. The hunger on the other hand? I eat until I think I'm full and 10 minutes later, I'm ready to eat again. Less pleasantly, I have been experiencing some awful acid reflux. I had a touch of it before I was pregnant, but these days, even something as bland as toast can set it off. The doctor told me to take all the Tums I need- at least little one will have some strong bones to show for it. There has also been some pretty bad back pain. I'm finding that putting my feet up helps alleviate some of the pain, though. Hot baths work well, too.

Little One has also started kicking a lot harder. She isn't very active during the day but likes best the times when her mama is lying down to sleep and when her mama is getting up in the morning. I fear we may have a night owl on our hands!


Little Boone at 20 weeks...hasn't she grown?


The pretty crib her daddy and Uncle Mitchell put together. No matress yet...haven't decided which one we want just yet. Her bedding is still in its packaging, in her crib.


The crib, looking back from the window wall.


Dresser/changing table...no changing pad yet, either.


Chest and drawers...with lots of things in it already.

Keep checking on our progress...things will look a lot different soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment