Saturday, May 28, 2011

34 weeks!

What We've Been Up To:
Well, we are gearing up for Miss Emorie's arrival!! Laundry is being done, pregnancy scrapbook is being completed, and the house is getting cleaned.

My SCE family honored us with a shower this week, where we got lots of pretty things for Miss Emorie. There were handmade blankets, pretty dresses and outfits, and some Mary Jane socks. I am amazed by how many people have wanted to help us prepare for her arrival- we have so many sweet friends and family members and I'll never be able to thank them enough for their generosity. I've been saving all the cards people have given us- I am sure when Emorie and I read them together someday, she'll be grateful for the kindness and love so many people have shown us.


Health Check


At six weeks to go until the big due date, it seems Miss Emorie wants to make an appearance sooner. I have been having some contractions for the past few days, but nothing the hospital and my OB deemed "admittance worthy." Instead, they are advising me to make sure I'm getting plenty of fluids and coming home in the afternoons to put my feet up and rest. I don't want to go on bedrest, I want to finish the school year, so I'm being a cooperative little patient and doing what they tell me. The childbirth educator informed me Emorie has already dropped, which amounts for most of the pain and pressure I've been feeling each time I stand up or walk around. I never knew walking would actually hurt in my last few weeks of pregnancy!!

We go back to the doctor on Tuesday, and even though they hadn't planned to check for dilation and effacement until 36 weeks, they are going to. The docs did say if all looks good, I can resume my housework and not have to rest my body as much once we hit 36 weeks. My main concern at this point is the development of her lungs.


Let the Nesting Begin


You know what I've been doing this week? Washing. Washing baby blankets, tiny little dresses and socks, bibs and burp cloths...if it's sized 0-3 months, or a baby necessity, it's either washed, or currently in my washing machine. And as soon as I finish washing, I'm going to cook and freeze some meals for those first weeks at home when I certainly don't want to cook.

I also have this huge desire to clean, clean, CLEAN, but Michael is helping with the housework in the meantime.

Our hospital bags are packed and we're installing the car seat this weekend...I'm so worried I'm going to forget something and end up not being prepared...did anyone else drive their husbands crazy in the last few weeks of pregnancy???

Belly picture:


How can I possibly get any larger?

No comments:

Post a Comment